|Prep Time||45 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 650 grams Beef rump steak Room temperature
- 1 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Caster Sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 Fresh green chillies
- 4 Spring onions
- 1/2 bunch Fresh coriander
- 1/2 bunch bunch of fresh mint
- 1-2 Limes
- To prepare the salsa, peel the garlic, deseed the chillies, trim the spring onions. Keep a few coriander springs, then cut the rest (stalks and all), along with the mint leaves, garlic, chillies and spring onions – Make sure everything is chopped finely.
- Scrape into a bowl, then squeeze over most of the lime juice and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Mix well, add the sugar, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and more lime juice if needed.
- Have the steak ready at room temperature.
- Heat up a frying pan or griddle pan. Season the steak with the salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Sizzle the steak in the hot pan for 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Halve the garlic clove, and rub the steak with the cut side during cooking for extra flavour.
- Remove to a plate and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Slice the steak against the grain, then continue to plate on a serving platter or divide between plates.
- Add a few dollops of salsa verde, and sprinkle over the reserved coriander leaves. Drizzle over any resting juices. Enjoy!
Share this Recipe